In the most competitive jobs market for a generation, more than a quarter of graduates remain unemployed long after graduating1 and, despite the number of jobless young people reaching more than a million2, an additional 300,000 graduates will enter the UK workforce this year and every year to compete for jobs in an already desperate market.
Yet in an age when employers can reject you for posting a comment on Twitter3, how can you use the web to get their attention and create a positive first impression?
In the last two years two thirds of UK employers have reported4 hiring someone after reading positive things about them online.
Without a doubt, social media can make or break your career.
Secrets of Personal Branding Online reveals how to create the perfect personal brand, using the Internet and Social Media to stand out for all the right reasons.
This five part course will help you to:
- Understand the importance of your personal brand in a competitive market
- Differentiate yourself from the competition in seconds
- Use Twitter, LinkedIn and Blogging to land your dream job
- Make sure employers only see what you want them to see
- Reach new audiences and create a compelling professional network
- Create opportunities for yourself, now and for your whole career
In addition to a series of practical exercises, Secrets of Personal Branding Online will reveal:
- The truth about today’s job market for young people
- How employers use Social Media to make decisions on your job application
- How much information recruiters can already find out about you online and who’s looking at it
- Why Facebook is not your “friend”
- Why mistakes made online can last for ever
- How to look like an expert
- Why video CVs are a waste of an employer’s time and your money
- How confidence can be the key to find a job in a tough market
- How and what to measure to be successful online
Originally created as a three day residential course, each module includes comprehensive notes, workbooks and practical exercises running to 174 pages. These include:
- Personal branding check lists
- Hints & tips
- Common mistakes
- Case studies & examples
- Quotes & advice from leading thinkers
- Sample content strategy
- Sample content calendar
- Practical exercises
Based on data from more than 10,000 graduates and over a decade of working alongside leading graduate recruitment companies in the UK and the USA, Secrets of Personal Branding Online will give you a complete, practical guide to using social media effectively.
Whether you are a current university student or in the first few years of your career, Secrets of Personal Branding Online will give you the platform to get noticed and get ahead.
Buy Secrets of Personal Branding Online now
BBC News – September 2011 “Almost 28% of UK graduates who left university in 2007 were still not in full-time work three and a half years later.”
The number of 16 to 24 year-olds who were out of work rose by 67,000 to 1.2 million in the three months to September 2011 – Office for National Statistics
Cisco Job offer retracted on Twitter – The Telegraph April 2009
Microsoft – Online Reputation in a Connected World